What I love to do
Below are the aspects of the design process I resonate with the most and where I feel engaged and effective.
- Using Sustainability as a source of inspiration
- Thinking about interactions & experiences
- Applying new + emerging tech.
- Taking different perspectives
- Following my curiosity
- Failing fast, recovering & implementing solutions
- Questioning things, like everything
- Empathizing with people
- Understanding the problem
- Engaging in conversations
- Looking at what exists and what has been done before.
- Understanding market trend’s
- Exploring Material and processes
- Conducting secondary research (Google!)
- Getting feedback on early ideas & prototypes
- Generating concepts
- Prototyping early and fast (let's get messy)
- Story telling
- Iterating based on user feedback
- Exploring shapes, spaces & proportions
- Considering ergonomics
- Specifying colors, material & finish
- Designing the details
- Designing for manufacture & assembly
- Designing for disassembly, recycling & re-purposing
- Ensuring efficient use of materials & processes
- Reducing costs
What I can do
Presentation & Communication skills, Take initiative & meet deadlines, SolidWorks (CSWA Cert.), Sketchbook Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Basic TIG Welding & Brazing, High comfort ability around wood/metal shop machinery, Basic CNC programming.